This SMO modification is designed for patients with low tone who toe walk due to sensory or stability concerns. It does not block plantarflexion. Instead, it facilitates a heel-toe gait pattern by using compression and a posterior tongue extension which provides a kinesthetic reminder to stay down. Kids are free to continue working on gait development and gross motor skills that require plantarflexion.
Surestep treats toe walking at the source by fixing pronation and providing proprioceptive input.
The Open Heel is a modification available on most of our SMOs and AFOs. Instead of the standard heel post, the plastic is cut away on the plantar surface of the heel. To reduce the risk of pinching and to maintain compression and calcaneal position, we have added a very thin molded inner boot.
The Surestep SMO has revolutionized orthotic management for children with hypotonia. Through the use of extremely thin, flexible thermoplastic, the Surestep SMO compresses the soft tissues of the foot with its patented design; stabilizing children while still allowing for natural development..
Surestep SMOs are carefully marked as ‘left’ and ‘right’ so the unique compression system can work its magic. Our products help to stabilize the foot and relieve stress on ankles, knees and hips so your child can grow and develop as a happy and healthy kid.
Designed to control moderate low tone pronation with an optimal amount of support and comfort, the Chipmunk has an integrated two-part system combining internal support from molded foam contours with the stability of a flat, external base and deep heel cup for maximum correction of foot position.
Rebound DUAL offers flexible, comfortable, and reliable support for improved ligament stability, including ligament instability with osteoarthritis. Suitable for low-to-high impact activities as well as sliding sports.
Features and Benefits
- Multi-purpose length-adjustable upper frame accommodates the user’s height, helping to ensure the perfect fit, and enabling adjustment for varus/valgus alignment.
- Easily adjustable lightweight aluminum frame provides optimal comfort for the user. Breathable ActiveGrip™ calf liner with anti-migration capabilities.
From the makers of the Miami Lumbar®, the OAM Rigid Lumbar offers you a discrete look with endless options.
- Slim or regular, 10 pre-cut sizes or universal.
- Different panels for different control, modular to allow you to remove as the patient heals.
- The GUS’ posterior GUSSET is an intimate comfort panel that anatomically allows the sling to seat the arm and elbow
- Padded pressure sensitive straps are adjustable and comfortable
- Deep pocket design accommodates the largest of casts and dressings
- Two adjustment points attached to O-rings for each strap allow sling to better fit differing patient’s girth
- Open end with soft thumb loop adds comfort and eliminates slippage
- Waist strap attaches at two slider straps that seek their best attachment location
The Formfit® Knee MCL provides external stability and protection for low to medium contact/impact activities and while recovering from injury. A unique, single hinged, hybrid wrap/sleeve design sets this brace apart from the competition. The lateral, range of motion hinge keeps the medial side free of obstruction. The Dynamic Force Strap aids in the resistance of valgus forces during knee extension, while the adjustable tibial strap improves suspension by minimizing slippage.
Indications for Use
- Mild to moderate medial collateral ligament (MCL) sprains (Grade I and Grade II)
The Unloader Hip brace is designed to reduce pain by optimizing load dispersion and proprioceptive control for patients suffering from mild to moderate hip osteoarthritis (OA), thus contributing to hip stability and improved mobility.
Indications for use:
- Mild to moderate hip osteoarthritis (OA)
Bio Cryo Compact is convenient, quiet and easy-to-use, delivering cold therapy when and where you need it. The single flow setting and easy fill instructions make this motorized device perfect for use in the clinical setting, or home.
- For cold therapy pain relief, as needed
(The Bio Cryo Compact unit is a class 2 Medical Device as determined by the FDA. This product must be prescribed by a physician and Bio Cryo Pads must never come in direct contact with the skin.)