What is osteoarthritis?
One of the most common causes of knee pain is osteoarthritis (OA), a disease that causes a gradual breakdown of the cartilage in your joints.
The pain can often be felt when you bend your knees, when you walk up and down stairs, or even when you’re resting.
Signs of Osteoarthritis (OA)
The symptoms listed below are typical of knee osteoarthritis (OA). If any of these points apply to you, especially if you may have injured your knee previously, talk to your doctor about knee OA.
- Pain and discomfort
- Your knee(s) feels stiff after you have been inactive for a few hours
- It hurts when you climb stairs or walk even a short distance
- You can hear a creaking noise in your knee(s)
- You feel a kind of grating when you move your knee(s)
- Reduced ability to carry on with your life
- You cannot bend your knee(s) as far or as easily as you used to
- You are finding day-to-day activities like getting out of your chair, bath or car, increasingly difficult
- When you play sports or exercise, your knee(s) sometimes hurts too much to carry on
- Lack of sleep
- You are kept awake at night with knee pain
- Previous injury
- You have had a previous injury to your knee, perhaps to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) or menisci
Treatment Option for Knee Osteoarthritis (OA)
The Unloader One is a lightweight, easy to use, non-surgical treatment option for the symptoms associated with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee. Unlike many other knee-pain treatment options, this innovative knee brace has been clinically proven to demonstrate the following benefits:
- Decreased knee pain – for a more active life
- Reduced reliance on pain medication – with no unwanted side effects
- Improved knee function – helping to avoid or postpone surgery
Improve your quality of life
All of this adds up to a better quality of life. With your mobility restored, you can do the things you want to without the limitations of a constantly painful knee. And with increased mobility it becomes easier to avoid the weight gain that often exacerbates the symptoms of OA even further.
Lightweight brace that is easy to use
The Unloader One can prevent this downward spiral, getting you back into the activities you enjoy and able to keep up with family and friends. Lightweight and easy to use and wear, it fits comfortably under your clothing.