The DAFO Turbo is a two-part design consisting of a thin, wraparound SMO inner liner combined with a rigid outer AFO upright that effectively blocks ankle movement. The DAFO Turbo provides one of the highest levels of ankle/foot control available in the DAFO line of orthoses, with strong ankle plantarflexion and dorsiflexion block. The DAFO Turbo is effective for patients who present with a crouched posture with some positional correction available at the hip, knee, and ankle. This design is also an effective solid-ankle brace.
- Presents with moderate to strong excess dorsiflexion/crouching caused by weakness (rather than high tone contractures).
- Crouched stance can be improved by manually extending the knee.
- Have sufficient hip, knee, and ankle range to allow correction to the targeted position.
- Weight and size due to maturity have exceeded the patient’s strength; ambulation is decreasing.
- Custom fabricated from cast
- Defined plantar surface contours
- Full wrap-around inner shell
- Fully integrated padding
- Extremely durable brace
- Stiff posterior of outer frame