The Boston Brace 3D® is the next innovation in the non-operative treatment of idiopathic scoliosis. Our clinical experts have combined knowledge of the three-dimensional scoliosis curvature with the latest in shape capture and CAD/CAM technologies. This enhanced brace design comes from the unique and selective shift/push/relief combination of corrective forces that are fabricated into each brace.
The Boston Brace RC is an asymmetrical, anterior opening, custom fabricated scoliosis orthosis. This is a custom made brace from a scan of the patient and incorporates the principles of the Rigo-Cheneau brace.
The Boston Brace Night Shift is a nocturnal brace used in the non-operative treatment of idiopathic scoliosis.
A nighttime brace takes advantage of the recumbent position. Some studies suggest that most growth occurs at night. For some curves, nighttime wear has shown to be as effective as full-time (more than 14 hours per day).
We offer a variety of soft custom made wrist and hand supports
The orthosis provides upper trunk support and proprioceptive input. The vest will provide warmth and added buoyancy during hydrotherapy and other water activities
Our TLSO helps to manage the growth of young children’s spines. By implementing our unique Surestep compression techniques, the TLSO creates improved upright positioning while still allowing for movement in all directions. By applying this compression more evenly around the torso, Surestep can provide more stability with less rigidity. Each TLSO can be modified to fit the kiddo’s specific needs. When required, the TLSO can be fabricated with an anterior or posterior opening and can be modified to accommodate any other medical needs.
The DAFO 9 Softy is designed for limited daytime use and/or as part of a night-stretching program. The stretching straps of the articulated proximal section allow positional adjustment in order to help gain or maintain ankle range. The elastic sections of the stretching straps provide a more effective stretch. The DAFO 9 Softy provides excellent hindfoot and forefoot control, promoting proper foot positioning. The soft foam liner is ideal for patients with challenging foot anatomy, difficult-to-correct feet, or those prone to pressure points and irritation.
- For patients who lack range of motion at the ankle due to tight calf muscles and Achilles tendon.
- For patients who would benefit from passive, adjustable stretching when resting or sleeping to improve range of motion.
The DAFO Turbo is a two-part design consisting of a thin, wraparound SMO inner liner combined with a rigid outer AFO upright that effectively blocks ankle movement. The DAFO Turbo provides one of the highest levels of ankle/foot control available in the DAFO line of orthoses, with strong ankle plantarflexion and dorsiflexion block. The DAFO Turbo is effective for patients who present with a crouched posture with some positional correction available at the hip, knee, and ankle. This design is also an effective solid-ankle brace.
- Presents with moderate to strong excess dorsiflexion/crouching caused by weakness (rather than high tone contractures).
- Crouched stance can be improved by manually extending the knee.
- Have sufficient hip, knee, and ankle range to allow correction to the targeted position.
- Weight and size due to maturity have exceeded the patient’s strength; ambulation is decreasing.
This custom-fabricated, two-part orthosis combines wrap-around foot control with a semi-flexible posterior upright, providing graded resistance to plantarflexion/dorsiflexion.
- Patient fatigues easily
- Swing phase inconsistency
- Moderate knee hyperextension
A custom-fabricated, articulated orthosis with straight or dorsi-assist Tamarack hinges. This two-part brace has a flexible polyethylene inner liner for comfortable foot alignment, combined with a plantarflexion block posterior upright.
- Need medial and lateral stability to help control excess pronation or supination.
- Exhibit strong excess plantarflexion or knee hyperextension.
- Would benefit from dorsi-assist during swing phase.